Experienced and beginner runners use running watches because of its many benefits. Some would even feel ‘naked’ when they go running without them. If you are looking for a good investment for your regular running exercises, you might want to consider getting yourself a running watch, too. Here are the top reasons why you should definitely run with one of these watches.
Reason 1: Set a goal
- Using your special running watch, you would be able to set a goal whether it’s on weight loss, distance, or time. It can monitor your heart rate, measure the calories you burn against your intake, measure the distance you ran, also your pace and many more. You could also be able to track your splits and help you hit your target. With the help of the watch, you could improve our training easily.
- You can create a goal on your watch and track your progress on each level.
A great running watch would show you detailed statistics on how your workouts are going, too.
Reason 2: Accuracy
- A good running watch is twice more accurate than any other apps you download on your phone.
You could get the speed, distance and other readings without worrying about your device running low on battery.
- You could also connect your watch to your other devices so you could track your trainings and improvement wherever you are.
Reason 3: Motivation
- Finding the right motivation to keep you running might be a bit difficult depending on your lifestyle, schedule and the friends you hang out with. But, with the best running watch, you could be inclined to follow your workout routines. It could serve as your training partner as well as your trainer.
- There are also special features of some running watches that allow you to race against yourself and other people with the watch. This way, you would be able to see your achievement and be more inclined to train even harder to beat a new record.
- Some watches would even alert you when you have been idle for quite some time. It would let you know that you need to get off your lazy chair and start running.
Reason 4: Multi-use
These days, running watches have been greatly modified so the user would not only use it strictly for running, but for other sports as well. You can use it for indoor exercises during rainy days or when it’s too hot or cold outside to run. It could still track your cardio routine, running on the treadmill, and cycling among many others. Other outdoor sports like swimming can also benefit from the watch since it can detect stroke types, drills and more. There are many types and brands of running watches to choose from out there. The most important thing to remember when purchasing a watch is to choose one that includes the features you need for your training. You can check out some reviews online on the different running watches and determine which one would work best for you.